• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP: Stuck on Recovery!?

josh536

Mar 15, 2011
I rooted my epic a while back just to try it. i succesfully did it. Tho i never have had time to apply any roms or anything. Well i actually betrayed my epic for a blackberry a 2days ago just to try it.(i cant seem to be with the same phone for more than 6months..) Well today i was trying to go back to my epic. As i was talking to customer service they kept getting errors trying to put my account back into the epic. So they told me to go into recovery and select "wipe data?factory reset then click home button. Well i did that and all that seems to happen the screen goes black. The icons at the bottom are still lit. The notification on the top is lit red. I click the home button again and the recovery menu pops up again as if i selected anything? At that point i just tell customer sercive to put my account back into my blackberry. Now on my own, i plled the battery out of the epic and turned it on regularly. But it just goes back to the recovery menu and its the same thin happening. PLZ HELP ME!? AM I BRICKED?! I JUST WANT TO GO BACK TO STOCK! :(:thinking:

#okay i just read on another forum to use the camera button to select the camera button instead of the home as sprint customer service told me and....IT WORKED:D
Atleast i know its not bricked...Should i try to put my account back into my epic? or should i root first? Was it because i was rooted that sprint couldnt put my account back into my epic? Questions...questions...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones