1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help Team HTCDEV!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by g60madman, Jan 8, 2013.

1. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

I've been nailing them every day or two and all that I've gotten so far are the usual canned responses so hopefully things are starting to get going. :D:thumbup:

Advertisement

2. nsciucco

nsciucco Android Expert

Great work guys. Let's keep it up. I really feel like we are making some real progress here. Keep the emails coming to HTC

3. nsciucco

nsciucco Android Expert

any luck with HTC dev?

4. krowley3

krowley3 Well-Known Member

g60,

I am not doubting your findings either however you did download the Sprint OTA so that would be different. The file that you should have downloaded is the on that has 1.14.652.0 as the description. That is the latest OTA that was released to the VM phones. It is possible that they made a mistake and listed it as the wrong carrier. I just noticed that you downloaded a file that has been there for sometime and the 1.14.652.0 is newer and never released for Sprint but it was for Virgin. That is my 2 cents and I could be wrong.

ramjet73 likes this.
  5. miked6875

miked6875 Member

New number. I must have 20 of these.

6. nsciucco

nsciucco Android Expert

?????????????

7. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Reference number when you contact HTC.

8. nsciucco

nsciucco Android Expert

ohh I see.. Now I recognize it.. How could I miss it. I blow these guys up

9. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

Good catch! And if you check the names of the source zip files that are actually downloaded from htcdev.com you will see that they match the build numbers for the respective kernels as well:

........... VM ICS 1.14.652.0 Kernel: 3.0.16-g4211684

....... Sprint ICS 2.89.651.2 Kernel: 3.0.16-g294f767

Note that the kernel and hboot versions did not change with the VM OTA.

ramjet73

krowley3 likes this.
  10. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

Just sent it. Glad to help the team out.

11. krowley3

Yeah I am pretty sure that is the one that we need.

ramjet73 likes this.
  12. g60madman

g60madman Guest

13. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

Yes. That matches the version on the VM kernel.

ramjet73

14. nsciucco

nsciucco Android Expert

Holy smokes. I'm getting excited. I hope this is what we need

15. krowley3

That is the same link I am getting.

16. g60madman

g60madman Guest

17. nsciucco

nsciucco Android Expert

18. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

Perhaps you could forward your comparison via the htcdev contact form and ask why that source doesn't match the config for the actual kernel with that build number, although I didn't see any place for attachments on that form. Maybe you could use an email address from one of the responses you've received instead?

Someone should report HTC to the GPL police since they don't seem to be distributing the proper source code.

j/k ;)

ramjet73

19. nsciucco

nsciucco Android Expert

I am so ticked. and sadly disappointed.... I hope you guys keep the emails flowing to HTC. That's our only hope. I really just don't understand this. I mean wouldn't it only take a couple of clicks of the mouse to just give us the damn code. WTF

20. nsciucco

nsciucco Android Expert

21. Guys, don't get too worked up about this. They will release the code; they have to. At least they understand that now, time was that companies would release GPL/Linux based products without realizing their legal obligations. Then when they did, they did not have a process in place to deal with it. Most companies now have a process for this. They can't just dump out their code to an FTP server; they have to comb through it to make sure they aren't releasing anything that they shouldn't be. That said it's not okay that this phone has been out as long as it has and no GPL release. But rest assured it will come.

22. nsciucco

nsciucco Android Expert

23. New_droid

New_droid Newbie

Sent another message.

Code (Text):
    1. This tracking number is 3382898

24. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

Maybe you guys should re-inform them that the GPL agreement requires releasing the source(especially if someone wants it), and legal actions can be taken against them(we probably wouldnt actually take legal action, but the threat might wake them up).

25. sellers86

sellers86 Well-Known Member

We should also inform them that when they do release the code, it needs to be working. Because I'm pretty sure non functioning code is also a GPL violation.

Tags: