• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! Trouble with POP3 email for Eris

Shinstorm

Lurker
Dec 19, 2009
Okay, here we go... Please help me with my sanity on this. First off, I love the Eris; it's a great phone! However, I had an issue setting up my work email account, which is a POP3. I went to the Verizon store and they were able to get everything working. Because of my business I get tons of emails. The problem is that after I walked out of the Verizon store after they set up the account for me, I stopped receiving emails on my Eris. I still have them coming in as usual on my office computer though. I tested the Eris today to see if I could send an email, and it can. I've refreshed the email account on the Eris multiple times an hour, but still no emails show up. Also, when I looked at my email account on my Eris this morning, the old emails that I downloaded in the Verizon store are now gone! What is happening here? Am I missing something simple?

And on a somewhat unrelated issue, does anyone know the settings for a Hotmail email account... like server settings and so forth?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones