• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! Unable to customize app icons in app drawer!

So ive made some super cool app icons but am limited to the homescreen. I have ZERO computer access and only my phone so i cant do any adb (not like i know how anyway but i did get as far as screencasting and screen capture and getting adb to recognize my phone to make custom splashes). BUT my cpu broke so i NEED someone to steer me in the right direction so i can do the fun part of customizing more icons.

If all else fails, in theory, if i can change my froyo app drawer to MIUI can i THEN have only my cool custom icons? If so, does anyone have a MOD that i can flash which will turn my froyo go launcher to miui???

I havnt tried miui custom apps yet. I keep cm7, miui amd froyo for different features so i only need help with the froyo.

Any ideas??? I dont mind working with es file explorer or build prop but please give simpler ideas first, im not a programing genious like you guys and gals lol

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones