• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! Want the GTab but unsure of rooting

checked again, the G recognizes my laptop, but my laptop won't recognize the G, and there are no drivers? I haven't gone to the MS compatibility device but that shouldn't be an issue? Device manager has a big yellow ? next to nvidia... more confised then ever!

lol. I'm confused now to. :thinking:

How do you know that the g recognizes your laptop? Is your laptop asking you to install drivers?

How about your Galaxy tab? Can you hook that up to your laptop and drag files?

Upvote 0
xmr405o, think my last reply got lost. I hooked up the Sam and it wasn't recognized in F: too. Weird cuz cards, flash drives all read. Neither the G or Sam read. Any thoughts, please post, have to run, will try again later, Thanks.

Calvin

It's either your laptop or....you. :p jk. Might be your laptop. Ok then. no worries. We'll figure that out later.

click on this thread. I wanna keep things in the right place when answering root questions. You'll find my reply there. :)

http://androidforums.com/2219468-post35.html

Upvote 0
back at the apple store, I tried all morning to load TNT lite to no avail. I unzipped everything on the sdcard and then put it in. what's really weird is in ESexplo. everything shows on the sdcard. E
when the box shows to extract it supposedly extracts and everything seem to be in place , I turn ie off, boot, the recovery window comes up' but it never brings up that scroll down to load whatever?

I might erase everything, and start all over. clock was a b...h to load, I'll try and do it again tonight.

calvin

Upvote 0
back at the apple store, I tried all morning to load TNT lite to no avail. I unzipped everything on the sdcard and then put it in. what's really weird is in ESexplo. everything shows on the sdcard. E
when the box shows to extract it supposedly extracts and everything seem to be in place , I turn ie off, boot, the recovery window comes up' but it never brings up that scroll down to load whatever?

I might erase everything, and start all over. clock was a b...h to load, I'll try and do it again tonight.

calvin

I'm not trying to be rude but don't respond to this thread anymore if you have questions about the root process. I think your experience can help more people if we kept your questions and my responses in the same thread.

Thanks Cal. (You can do it!!! I believe in you. :)) I promise once you get this done...you'll be a pro in no time.

http://androidforums.com/gtablet-al...-rom-fix-market-update-flash.html#post2225439

Reactions: calsnook
Upvote 0
Ok, exactly which thread is the right one? I sign in and hit gtab on search and get sent here.

Always this one? Yes
[HOW TO]: Root, Install a Custom ROM, Fix the Market, and Update Flash

correct. we all look forward to getting you up and running, but putting your questions in that main thread will keep other people from having to ask them again. i am sure you are not the only one who needs a little clarification, but everyone may as well benefit from the answers. :cool:

also, don't feel bad at all about this. the first time i rooted and installed a ROM on my droid, it took over 7 hours :eek:. now i can do everything and have all my apps up and running in under 30 minutes while watching tv, lol. it's just a matter of getting comfortable with the process, knowing the issues you may run in to, and having confidence that these devices (keep in mind, i am talking about the droid/g-tab only) are virtually unbrickable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones