• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! Windows can't recognize the phone anymore

tupique

Sep 5, 2010
This is a new problem for me.

After successfully sorting out all the troubles of connecting SGS to KIES, and been using it happily for almost a month, now I'm facing another trouble which is quite big this time.

Windows Vista (32-bit) and Windows 7 (64-bit) are now can't recognize the phone when connected through the USB. Got a message says the USB Device/Hardware Is Not Recognized.

I'm using the SGS original cable. The cable was working perfectly and now suddenly it doesn't work in data mode but still able to recharge the phone battery.

Am I having a cable problem? Or worst, the USB connector (on the phone) problem? I tried to clean the USB connector on the phone but still can't connect the phone to my computers.

Does anybody here having the same problem as well?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones