• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Android Market and Updating Old Apps

UserName775

Lurker
Sep 13, 2012
I have been browsing this site almost every day since I got my first Android phone a few weeks ago. Really helpful stuff here! Thanks!

So here is my problem. I downloaded a bunch of Apps through Google Play. Then I deleted my google account and created a new one. Now all the Apps I downloaded don't show up in the "My Apps" tab, so I can't update them. I downloaded AppBrain which is hlpful because it shows what Apps need to be updated, but when I click the update link it just brings me to the Play Store where my choices are "Uninstall" or "Open". How can I update without having to re-install all my apps through the Play Store?? Is there anyway to sync the Apps on my phone to my new google account and the Play Store? I also tried TrackDog but that was unhelpfull as well. Any ideas on how to update my Apps??? Thanks!

Hello and welcome aboard. :)

Just to make things clear, if you are using a different Google account on your device (other than the originally one you had all applications installed), then the previous installed apps won't show up in the "my apps" section inside the Play Store of the current account being used. So you won't be able to update them.

You'd have to use the original account to get this done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones