• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help with froyo 2.3.13 install

brandon2x

Aug 27, 2010
ok, so i tried to get help in the actual froyo 2.3.13 install thread over on xda but i'm not getting an answer.

i downloaded, installed, and it said it was successful.. i rebooted, went into the settings to see if it changed, and it still said 2.2.9. i tried to do it again and now my phone will not reboot into recovery using droid x bootstrap or rom manager... won't even go into it if i do it manually... i tried to uninstall bootstrap and rom manager and reinstalling, no luck. please help. su is there and it isn't denying any apps. i don't really care if the install ever works for now, just want my all my apps working correctly... i can't even restore my backups. does the same thing, which is NOTHING. HELP!!!

you may have to flash back to 2.1, reroot, redownload all the apps that you need, IE Rom Manager, and Bootstrap Recovery for Droid X, reinstall stock 2.2 and then do 2.3.13 all over again, i was having sorta the same problem, but i never got to 2.3.13 i was tryin to install flyx rom but good luck to you, someone else may have a better answer than what i have given you

Upvote 0
interestingly enough, my install went perfectly (did an advanced nandroid system restore). fixed all the issues i was having, but now GMail FCs every time. not the greatest tradeoff. i will do a full restore when i'm not being so lazy

btw, it says 2.2.9 because the build.prop defines it as:

ro.build.version.incremental=2.3.9

this, according to fabolous.

unfortunately, i think your best bet is to sbf back to 2.1, re-install 2.2, then go for 2.1.13. good thing tomorrow is saturday. hopefully you have an extra hour to spare.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones