• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Quick Office on the Droid 2

virgo7598

Lurker
Nov 21, 2010
Let me just start off by saying that I just got this phone and am still learning about it..so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

I have a few books as PDF files on my phone that I like to read from time to time. However, whenever they open through Quick Office, they always open from page 1 and I lose my spot..and my bookmarks button doesn't do anything. Plus, whenever I leave Quick Office, all my settings like the zoom view and reading view setting that I had it at resets itself. Its really annoying to have to go and find the page I was on before hand.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? And does anyone know other applications that I could read my pdf files from...other than Adobe (I don't like the font)

Well, I use Documents To Go because I am not a fan of Quick Office. I tried to reproduce your issue but for whatever reason, none of my image heavy PDFs will load properly in either program now. I opened Astro and it asked me which program I wanted to open the PDF in. I chose Quick Office and it worked. It even preserved my place in the PDF when I did it a second time. I am not sure what the deal is with opening those files directly from the apps, but when I went through Astro first, I got the result you were looking for.

If the phone gets rebooted, I am not certain it will remember the spot I was reading from.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones