• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with task making wifi cycle on/off repeatedly

braveally

Jul 8, 2011
Hey,
New to tasker and watched a few videos and feel pretty comfortable with basic functions. I am having trouble with a profile I created. It turns off my Wifi when connected at work and I start the uTorrent app (so i'm not torrenting on my job's wifi account).
The problem I have is that it keeps cycling my wifi on and off. I originally had an exit task to turn the wifi back on and removed it to see if that fixed the problem. Doesn't seem to help. Am I missing something?

Profile Context: Connected to work Wifi (via SSID), uTorrent app running
Task: Turn off wifi
Exit Task: Turn on Wifi

Well, it looks to me like it's working the way it should. Your context is wifi connected, your task is wifi off. So of course it's going to keep cycling because your profile is exiting as soon as the wifi is shut down in your task.
Adding the exit task would make it restart.
There is a check box you could Deselect in the properties of the profile to not restore the settings. That should keep the wifi off until you enable it again.

Reactions: electricpete
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones