• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with the Wifi "error" message.

I am a new android user. My current phone is the Samsung Dart running 2.2. I was able to connect to my home wireless router easily when I first got my phone. When I went to a friends house I used their router and when I got home I was not able to connect to my network. When I go under "settings," "wireless and networks," and then "wifi settings" I keep getting an error message underneath the wifi check mark box. I have read other forum posts with a similar problem and they tried all types of restarts on the phone but it would never work. There must be some sort of software that I could download to fix this problem. If someone could assist that would be greatly appreciated.

See if your phone needs a software update. From the home screen hit the menu button, go to settings, then scroll down to the bottom and look for "update" "system update" or sometimes the update feature is in the "about phone" option.

If that doesn't work try putting the phone in airplane mode and then taking it off. This will power down all the radios and start them back up.

Also you could try going back into your wi-fi settings menu, tap your home network and pick "forget". Then rescan for networks and try setting up your home network again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones