1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by troy021079, Aug 19, 2012.

1. troy021079

troy021079 Lurker

Hi guys,

Not sure if this the right area for this but... I'm having issues with my Galaxy s2 4.0.1, it wont let me update my apps!! I have 5 lined up and all it does is come up like it's updating but then they fail to do so after some time. I also can't download any new apps?? I can browse the internet etc fine so I really don't know what the problem is I have tried clearing data etc but no luck :( Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Troy:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. troy021079

troy021079 Lurker

To add to this I get an error code "495" showing up.

3. colmmcgrath

colmmcgrath Well-Known Member

Try the 'factory reset' option in the settings. This will reset all your phone settings to default.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

DON"T FACTORY RESET!.

That's a crazy last resort thing to do. It will erase everything in your phone.

All you have to do is go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all tab>market>clear data.

Crashdamage likes this.
  5. troy021079

troy021079 Lurker

Thanks for the help but it still isn't working?? I have never come across this problem before. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Try uninstalling updates to market. Same place where you clear data. Remember a factory reset is only used as a last resort.

7. troy021079

troy021079 Lurker

Arrrgghhh still no good :/ Does it look like a factory reset?

8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Honestly I know I fixed this issue without having to do a reset. LOL. Happened to me once before. If you feel like you really want to do a reset do it.

Personally I'd wait until tomorrow or the next day. Maybe just some server errors.

9. troy021079

troy021079 Lurker

I don't want to but I want the problem gone too. I will wait a few more days and see what happens. Is there anything else I can try?

10. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

None that I know of, unless perhaps trying to manually install a market apk. You could try using Appbrain. I find myself using that more than the Android Market. Its sort of a front end for the Market, but has its own installation path.

11. troy021079

troy021079 Lurker

I will give it a try if it will let me download it :/

Thanks for your help!