• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (HelpPlease!) MetroPCS Wildfire S (rooting help)

Yea i did a backup and if im correct it saved to my VM windows, then my VW was corrupted and i lost everything that was on that "desktop"... =0/

So i have no backup.. and what i explained earlier happening. Ill check out the rom you mentioned, although ill need to research if ican just reflash a new rom over it .. Since i cant dl anything at all, i dunno...

Upvote 0
Edit... wow smh, i cant believe i jus let this occur.....
So a friend was over while i left the previous post prior to this edit. Long story short i was told "hey gimme ya phone i got this, i know the problem and how to fix it..."....... yea, im sure u can see now where this story is going .
Dude did a factory reset, thru cwm (i assume), now i cant install any apps. When it finishes downloading and begins to install... It reboots the phone.

UUUGGGHHHHH..... So instead of figuring out how to fix all this step by step, is there a way to unroot the phone ? And begin the process all over. So i can do a clean new root of the phone ?

Sorry for the nonsense.... this just got me real urked now. =0(
Man that sucks!!!
Can you still access cwm? Is yes, I would flash the stock rom. Hopefully that should fix your problem

Reactions: ForeverShine
Upvote 0
Ok i got my hands on a samsung Vibrant.. Tmobile. So i am going to start a new prepaid account there and I am going to sell the wildfire S. To much of a headache , =0(

But again thanks to u all that helped. And made the tutorials that i followed, and learned alot from actually. I appreciate it !!

edit ... question ..

So does anyone know a good rom to use for the galaxy S. (vibrant?)
? Tmobile... runnin 2.2 froyo now.

Trying to find a root guide...tried this but i got an error http://androidforums.com/vibrant-all-things-root/132904-howto-root-your-vibrant.html . seems like they are all from 2010.. z4root did not work either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones