• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero internet won't work!

Hi Brandon, welcome to AF! :)

I've moved your query to the HTC Hero root section.

I'm not familiar with the Hero myself, but is the new phone number with another network provider? Have you confirmed the APN Settings are correct?

Head to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names. I'm not sure what the correct settings will be though, you'll need to get them from your provider.

Upvote 0
Even though your rooted, here is what you will need to do, the issue is your phone number was change, it needs to be on a sense Rom, so if you still have a Nandroid of your Stock Rom then, first create a Nandroid of your current Rom, then restore your stock Rom, once that is done, do a Profile update, and then try your phone from there, if it still does not work, then you need to call Sprint and tell them you are getting a error message because you changed your number, they will send a refresh signal and then your phone will be back up and running. Once you have it back up and running, then you can restore your current Rom

FYI there is no need to tell them your phone is rooted, simply tell them you changed your number and did a factory reset and your phone will not connect, it is a common issues with their new set up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones