• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hey all Need a bit of help here

Hey all Need a bit of help here,
ok so i rooted my phone it seemed fine then got the message to update the binary, so I did and now it says its not rooted and after running root check i get this message....
Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.

Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 3.0.5 is installed!

System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

The adb binary is set to default shell user access as a standard non-root user

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su:
-rwsr-sr-x root root 22240 2011-10-22 20:58 su

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su:
-rwsr-xr-x root root 26264 2010-09-20 15:20 su

Alternate su binary location:
/sbin/su: Permission denied

Alternate su type binary location:
/system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory

SU binary not found or not operating properly

Results provided on your SCH-R720 device by Root Checker version 3.8 from joeykrim in the Android Market - http://goo.gl/GgWae

do i need to flash back to stock ? If so where do i get that? im not a total noob but some step by step help would be great ! please help I want to get my 3g back among other things lol
thanks in advance
Dhabs

Try re-running the one-click, but replace run.bat with this:

http://goo.gl/oAlVr

tried what you suggested still cant get it ti says im not rooted and busy box
says the same.Do you think it might be easier to go back to stock and start over and NOT update the binary? If so please how to do that one :D
thanks again
Dhabs

PS dont care if i lose my apps and such i can get all my phone stuff again

Upvote 0
somebody please help me...i rooted my admire...for 10 minutes, then updated su binaries when prompted...lost my root, tried rerunning, the using the new link provided to Dhab when he had the same problem, but on running the new bat. was given a message the adb was not a recognized internal or external command. all i want to do is root my damn phone!!!! why do they have to make it sooooo hard?

Reactions: Dhabliwala
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones