• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello all! Or world...if that's your thing.

My name is Bobby, I'm 20 and live in the middle of nowhere Illinois! My crap carrier (USC) recently started carrying Android Devices, and me being cheap I bought a used Samsung Acclaim. It's not that bad. Not good, but not bad.

Since the second it was put in my hand, I've been tearing it appart (in every aspect except rooting...yet) and I have to say I'm extremely impressed with Android. It's going to kill the iPhone. It's a solid operating system with the capability of unlimited customization. With it's user-base increasing, so is the developer base and I'm so excited to be a part of the community, regardless of how.

That said, I've attempted to make my first contribution to the Android world with a little custom theming, here.

The forums seem a little inactive, but I'm hoping I've just not been on at the right times.

And besides, it'll pick up once Android becomes more popular!

Welcome!

And you say these forums seem inactive? Are you staying mostly in just the Acclaim sub forums? Because next to XDA, this site is hands down the most active android site out there (IMO).

Nevertheless, glad you signed up!!!

Lol, I stay mostly in the theming section, which doesn't seem to get a lot of activity, but as far as the rest of the site...all is good! Lol.

Love Android! Love these forums! ....now if only I could figure out how to root my Acclaim from my Mac....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones