• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi everyone

Hi everyone,

Im Trev. I live in Toronto. I have a cell phone fetish, however now that I have children and a wife my fetish had to be controlled. Limited to one cell phone for every two years!! Anyhow, I used to be an i phone guy, but some friends have androids and I liked what android has to offer without having to jailbreak/root. My i phone did end up bricking so I decided to get a samsung captivate through the Rogers network.
So I am now learning the android system and how it works, so far having a tough time. I also have a mac laptop and cant even hook my phone up to my computer!! Hopefully I can find some answers on this forum. Like I said I was a i phone guy before, android seems to be a different language all together. I don't consider my self to be a very techy guy in the first place, but I usually find a way to figure how to get things done with the phone.
So my goal with this phone is to hook it up with my cpu, and root it. I want to use this phone to its full potential. So far its on a 2.2 froyo, no update for the gingerbread yet.

Thanks for reading,

Trev

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones