• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi, there!

sashaberk

Lurker
Jun 14, 2010
I was a cell user for many years, one of the early adopters. Remember those bulky Motorola cells with the flip-down microphone piece? Felt at the cutting edge technology then.
After pushing non-smart cell phones to do smart things for me for years I finally broke down and got a really smart phone. Being cheap, I'm a Sprint customer, and I got HTC Evo on the first day it came out.
So far I've been pretty happy with it. Slowly expanding my usage of it overtime. Already saved a few bucks while shopping for some home improvement stuff: I was to lazy to look for "scanning station" in the store, so I scanned the label with my phone. It showed me that advertised price online for this retailer is several bucks lower. Pointed it out to cashier - got a discount. Bingo!
And it looks like application market for Android is far from mature. The most basic functional areas are not covered yet. For example looking for app to find the lowest gas price at my location - not too many options.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones