• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HK Variant

Hong Kong N20U variant.
Does anyone know if updates for Hong Kong Snapdragon variant are available in the UK?
Thanks for any replies.
well if you look in your phone's settings for updates and there is one.....then there is your answer. if there is no update, then there is your answer as well.

you can also look up updates at https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ to see if there are updates you can install manually. just make sure that you download and install the correct firmware as they are very device specific.....so make sure that the model and firmware matches with your phone. install instructions will be on the website.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Hong Kong N20U variant.
Does anyone know if updates for Hong Kong Snapdragon variant are available in the UK?
Thanks for any replies.

That's the variant of Note20 Ultra I've got, although mine was purchased directly from Samsung here in mainland China, rather than HK SAR.

It should receive updates no problems in the UK, and I've had other China version phones receive updates while they were in the UK. You can check if you already have the latest update from Samsung, by seeing if it's got the July 2021 security patch level or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: ironass and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones