• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root hmmm??? 2.1

ok so rooted on the rom xtrsense, after about 3 or 4 maybe 5 phone calls, i have to reboot my phone bc i can not hear ppl when i call, or ppl call me. when i reboot, it goes into airplane mode for a sec. then goes to no service. i have to be quick and dial *228 and do the program thing b4 it goes to no serive. and then it reboots, and sometimes still no service. i have to pull battery out for a few minutes and repat process. its getting old. any suggestions???

It's normal for it to go to airplane mode at startup on xtrSENSE5.0.1 - this is a script that solves the time without signal bug. Service generally resumes after a couple of minutes if you wait it out.

Upvote 0
It's normal for it to go to airplane mode at startup on xtrSENSE5.0.1 - this is a script that solves the time without signal bug. Service generally resumes after a couple of minutes if you wait it out.

ok so...i jut had the silent bug, rebooted, turn back on, wait like u said for service, its been about 5 minutes, maybe 6, and still no service...not liking this...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
nallen88,

If you do need to go completely back to stock, you can use this:

[ROM][03/06/2011]FlashBack21 v2 -Return to Factory Stock - March 2011 OTA - xda-developers

which you could then re-root and then simply replace the kernel with one that is overclockable to make the phone a little snappier (i.e., no custom ROMs or tweaks other than the kernel replacement).

Just a thought.

Glad / hope you are truly back in business and big kudos again to metcat for helping you out again.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones