• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hockey fans unite!!! {the All Things Hockey Thread}

thank god that this season is over with finally. my hats goes of to the hawks. they had an amazing year this year. after the prior season, who would have thought that they would be such a force throughout the season and the playoffs?

now i know i said my thank you's earlier to my La Kings, but i just want to say thank you again:

now that we will have a full training camp and a full season where games will not be bunched up like that, i think we will have another great opportunity to win the cup again next year.....following the pattern on how the hawks did it.

and i'm super happy that we got a decent trade for jonathan bernier which was for matt frattin(forward) and ben scrivens(backup goalie) plus we get cap relief ($445K). i do not know too much about frattin, but i trust dean lombardi(gm). he really wanted him for a few years now. he is young and talented so we shall how he competes in training camp coming up soon.

curious if any of you guys follow your team in the off season? have there been any trades for your team?

thoughts on coaches?

L.A. ain't going to get past the Hawks. Dream on.

Upvote 0
I was only joking about the Bruins being in the hospital after the series. Bergeron is still in the hospital following Game 6. He has a concussion, broken rib, punctured lung, and separated shoulder.:eek:

this is why i love hockey. players will sacrifice their bodies just to win the cup. i mean look at matt kemp for the dodgers. he had a sore hamstring and has been out for weeks. you do not see that with hockey players.

look at jeff carter in the above video i posted. he had two teeth knocked out, 7 stitches on his face after blocking a puck with his head!!!!!!!

dustin brown had a separated shoulder since the first round and he still played on and made no excuses about it.

and by the way lord vader(please do not use the force on me;):eek:), we will most certainly get past you guys on our way to another cup;):D:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
this is why i love hockey. players will sacrifice their bodies just to win the cup. i mean look at matt kemp for the dodgers. he had a sore hamstring and has been out for weeks. you do not see that with hockey players.

look at jeff carter in the above video i posted. he had two teeth knocked out, 7 stitches on his face after blocking a puck with his head!!!!!!!

dustin brown had a separated shoulder since the first round and he still played on and made no excuses about it.

and by the way lord vader(please do not use the force on me;):eek:), we will most certainly get past you guys on our way to another cup;):D:smokingsomb:

Don't get me started on this. I'm liable to start dragging soccer into this discussion.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
So which team will land Lecavalier now that TB bought out his contract?

TB tried to swing a deal with Toronto where TB would trade him, and Toronto will buy him out. Then TB will sign him after the buyout. The NHL got wind of it and stopped the deal. There is a rule where a team that buys out a player's contract is not allowed to sign him that year. The proposed deal was deemed to circumvent the CBA, so the league stopped it.

Upvote 0
wait a minute....isn't hockey over? Time to shut'er down, close the thread.:ahhhhh:
HELLLLZ NO!!!!! hockey year round BABY!!!!!!
So which team will land Lecavalier now that TB bought out his contract?

TB tried to swing a deal with Toronto where TB would trade him, and Toronto will buy him out. Then TB will sign him after the buyout. The NHL got wind of it and stopped the deal. There is a rule where a team that buys out a player's contract is not allowed to sign him that year. The proposed deal was deemed to circumvent the CBA, so the league stopped it.

ohhhh i have not heard of this.....very interesting. to bad we are starting to get cap strapped trying to re-sign all of our guys.

Upvote 0
HELLLLZ NO!!!!! hockey year round BABY!!!!!!

Yeah. Draft is this weekend. Then free agency next week. Lots of hockey news over the next week or so.

ohhhh i have not heard of this.....very interesting. to bad we are starting to get cap strapped trying to re-sign all of our guys.

Letang turned down an 8-year, $56 million dollar offer from the Penguins. This time it is much tougher trying to get around the CBA. The goal of the CBA is to encourage more player movement and create more parity between teams. In the old CBA, teams used loopholes and long term contracts to try to keep certain players long term to prevent them from entering the market. This created a situation where there are few free agents and those free agents ended up getting higher offers because there ended up being more teams trying to sign them. It'll be interesting to see this summer if the half year we lost made any difference in how team choose to sign players.

Upvote 0
anybody happy with their teams draft picks?........i am. we gave away three picks for a shot in the second round. we drafted Valentin Zykov, an 18yr old kid who looks amazing. he is a few years away from the nhl, but this will keep our farm system strong. i think the kings scouting team have done a great job over the years in getting some nice talent to keep the kings competitive for many years.

so what about your guys team......anybody happy?

how about vancouver keeping loungo and trading cory schneider for the 9th pick? interesting. i thought they wanted to move loungo.......weird.

Upvote 0
how about vancouver keeping loungo and trading cory schneider for the 9th pick? interesting. i thought they wanted to move loungo.......weird.
My opinion is that Luongo is no worse than Schneider, and even better. The problem is that he's become a scapegoat in Vancouver. But last year he seemed to play better than Schneider, imho.

Speaking about draft. I's rather see Horvat or Lazar in Detroit (because I saw them playing) but taking into consideration comments and Detroit reaction, Manta is also a great pick we've been waiting for. He's big, with accurate shot - good for us.

And finally: Ken, bring Lecavalier down to Hockeytown!!! Otherwise we need to re-sign Flip

Upvote 0
anybody happy with their teams draft picks?........i am. we gave away three picks for a shot in the second round. we drafted Valentin Zykov, an 18yr old kid who looks amazing. he is a few years away from the nhl, but this will keep our farm system strong. i think the kings scouting team have done a great job over the years in getting some nice talent to keep the kings competitive for many years.

so what about your guys team......anybody happy?

This is apparently a very deep draft year. The Schneider trade shocked everyone. A lot of people are calling for Gillis's head after that. One friend of mine who keeps up with the news actually likes the trade as well as the Vancouver draft picks.

It looks like Luongo simply cannot be moved at this point. With his huge cap hit and the lowering of the salary cap, Gillis has few options. He could buy out Luongo's contract, but that may not be a good option either. The latest news is there have been some offers for Edler and it appears, Ballard will be bought out once he clears waivers.

I personally have not been impressed with Ballard. Every time I see him, he seems to do OK without the puck, but he sucks with the puck. He has shown flashes of potential at times, but he as just been really inconsistent. Vigneault benches him often and scratched him a few times which shows he has no confidence in him.

I always liked Edler from the moment I first saw him play. Very cool under pressure he was as a rookie. Last year, I was disappointed in him. I'm not sure what happened. He tries to play tough, but seems to show poor judgement on a few late hits last year. I think last year may be an anomaly or I just happened to watch the games that he sucked in.

Free agency begins in a few days. I'll be interested to see what moves Gillis makes. I'm wondering if he plans to simply rebuild this upcoming year. I cannot see the Canucks contending for the cup this year. We got some nice draft picks, but it would be a couple of years at least before they can make an impact. With this core group of top end players, I think they have only maybe 2 years (3 max) before they are too far past their prime.

The realignment of the divisions next season will mean the Canucks won't have crappy teams to beat up on and to easily win the division. I think they'd have a tough time even making the playoffs. My expectations are low for the Canucks this upcoming year.

Upvote 0
YEEEEEHAAAAAAAW!!!!!!!

THE 2014 HOCKEY SEASON IS OFFICIALLY HERE. LETS TALK HOCKEY EVERYBODY!!!!!.

so anybody like the new alignment? thoughts on this season? who is your prediction to win the cup this year? anybody like their teams moves in the offseason? anybody have a new coach?

i have tickets to the kings home opener with the rangers and i can't wait!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones