• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hockey fans unite!!! {the All Things Hockey Thread}

Well you gotta admit it, pens played a heck of a good game last night. I tried to hold my eyes open, just couldn't do it, but i made it through one ot.

There were some tired guys at work today, and the rain all day didn't help. I watched the 4:30am news this morning, i don't know how they made it to work, the anchorman said his alarm goes off at 2:45am!

Well, not lookin good for the pens, gotta win 4 in a row, which by the way we've done it before.

I'm still keepin the faith!!!GO PENS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Two shots in the final period when you are down a goal isn't going to cut it. That was the amazing stat. I thought LA would have given a better push down the stretch when they needed to score. The absense of Keith was felt as both LA goals came when Chicago's 6th defenseman was on the ice. He didn't get much ice time after that second goal.

Upvote 0
Two shots in the final period when you are down a goal isn't going to cut it. That was the amazing stat. I thought LA would have given a better push down the stretch when they needed to score. The absense of Keith was felt as both LA goals came when Chicago's 6th defenseman was on the ice. He didn't get much ice time after that second goal.

yeah i sensed a lack of urgency from them last night in that final period. it was like that last goal from chicago just let all of their steam out. we should have taken more advatnage of the keith suspension then we did.

we need richards back in the lineup. though i must say the carter/toffoli/penner line was pretty good last night. they were the only effective line for us. i just wish that we can get kopitar going. we need him especially now that richards is out......where is he:thinking:

well it is on to chicago!!!!!

Upvote 0
Chara-Crosby.jpg

Reactions: badblue1
Upvote 0
well as my favorite quote from a movie says:
nsfw:

and i wish our secret weapon would have shown up in chicago:

:D:D:D:D

anyways i too want to thank my kings this year. the were one of the last four standing out of thirty some teams. you guys did ok for a shortened season. trying to win the cup is not easy.....trying to do it two in a row is much harder.....you guys let it all hang out on the ice tonight. i mean coming back from a 2 goal deficit in a must win situation.....crazy. most teams would have folded.....not you guys. though in the end, it was just not quite enough. you played probably the best team in the nhl right now with the hawks. i look forward to see what you guys will do next year.

i can't wait to see tyler toffoli mature along with jake muzzin. both of you guys, though rookies, played like veterans and will only get better next year.

and this will always be what i remember from you guys:
screenshot20120612at750.png

and this is for next year:
GO KINGS GO!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
i can't wait to see tyler toffoli mature along with jake muzzin. both of you guys, though rookies, played like veterans and will only get better next year.
If I'm not mistaken, there's also Vey from Monarchs who also looks very promising. Toffoly looked really great for his age and experience.

So now finals. Bruins at Blackhawks. Don't know whom to support (to have more fun :D ). But I think it's time to come to the Eastern side (need to begin getting used to it :))

UPD. Also, Kings should extend Voynov as KHL's Traktor wants him really bad)) (though I don't believe Voynov will come back to Russia)

Upvote 0
If I'm not mistaken, there's also Vey from Monarchs who also looks very promising. Toffoly looked really great for his age and experience.

So now finals. Bruins at Blackhawks. Don't know whom to support (to have more fun :D ). But I think it's time to come to the Eastern side (need to begin getting used to it :))

UPD. Also, Kings should extend Voynov as KHL's Traktor wants him really bad)) (though I don't believe Voynov will come back to Russia)

you are well versed in the king's farm system. linden vey and tanner pearson are our probable future stars. not sure how they will make the team next year. maybe the will oust nolan and king.

and yes dean lombardi(gm) has said that our number one priority this offseason is to sign voynov. he is not going anywhere especially back to russia. this is one thing i will not be worry about.

it is going to be nice now that we will have a full pre-season and regular season next year. i'm already chomping at the bit for it to start already. and what is nice is now that we do not have the cup, the players can now take the time to reflect and improve themselves, rather then spending too much time celebrating with the cup like last year.....LOL

and yes i'm cheering on the bruins cuz mikey here is a bandwagon hawks fan:eviltongue:

Upvote 0
there is no doubt that this is a great matchup for the stanley cup. it definitly should be a great series. usually when my team bows out, i'm done with that sport. but i think that i might watch this one as i'm curious as to who will win the series.....i still think that boston will win.

so there mikey:eviltongue:

Upvote 0
wow 3OT's? now that is a hockey game. i wished i had watched it. i just saw the highlights........crazy!!!!!!!!!

damn those birds!!!!!!!!!
Hey now:)
Who won that game? Was.....it.....the......um.....Blackhawks? I didn't stay up that late...
Can someone tell me who won? I can't seem to find out who won that game?

Was it the Hawks? The BlackHawks? The Chicago BlackHawks? Did they win?

Oh I am such a dork :D

Upvote 0
Hey now:)
Who won that game? Was.....it.....the......um.....Blackhawks? I didn't stay up that late...
Can someone tell me who won? I can't seem to find out who won that game?

Was it the Hawks? The BlackHawks? The Chicago BlackHawks? Did they win?

Oh I am such a dork :D

ok you know what is coming:
:eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue: :eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue: :eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue:

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones