• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home Button Taking Me To The Wrong Screen

IVIaskerade

Lurker
Jul 26, 2018
Hi all,

This morning I was reorganising some of the apps on my home screen to insert a fifth page. I wanted to add a page to the left of my home (central) screen, and instead of creating a new page and moving it to the left of the home screen, I decided instead to move all my other apps right one page, leaving what used to be my actual home page as the new left page.

However, after I was done, I tried to set my home button to take me to the new central page, but it won't. The home icon above the page is lit up as it should be, but when I click my home button to go there it instead takes me to the rightmost page.

I've tried setting all four other pages as home, and it works fine with them. It is just the central page that is having issues.
I've restarted my phone twice, and the problem persists.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm using the Wileyfox Swift 2X with android 8.1.0. I don't know which of the two is causing the problem.
The problem was first noticed on 07:42 26/08/2016.

Thanks again for any help you can offer.

Edit: I moved all the apps back and it seems to be working properly again.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones