• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

home screen overview not working

celeramo

Lurker
May 30, 2011
Just got my xperia play and the first thing I noticed was I didn't have the ability to pinch the screen and bring all the home screens together. My old android phone could do this and I've seen the play do it in videos. I looked for a setting related to this but couldn't find one. Does this work for others with the play? Or has anyone else had it not working and figured out how to enable it? Also, my new play will not let me add a facebook account. First app installed, went to account&sync, add account, click facebook, enter info, goes back to list of accounts and facebook won't add to the list. I can now view my account through the app, but cannot like/comment on anything. I've updated everything and wanted to know if other people have had any problems like these?

Thanks,
Thomas

I know there are alternative ways to accomplish this but the reason I was trying to add my facebook account is to use it to fill in my contact's photo's which didn't transfer from my old phone. I was a little hopeful this was a problem others were having that'd be fixed by an update, and not unique to my phone, but I suppose I'll keep fiddling for now.

Upvote 0
I know there are alternative ways to accomplish this but the reason I was trying to add my facebook account is to use it to fill in my contact's photo's which didn't transfer from my old phone. I was a little hopeful this was a problem others were having that'd be fixed by an update, and not unique to my phone, but I suppose I'll keep fiddling for now.

I had HTC android which came with the facebook integration. It automatically updates their facebook profile picture so I sometimes see a new picture when they call. It was pretty cool and I miss this on the xperia play

Let me know if the facebook app worked. I might install it too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones