• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Homescreen Organization Techniques

Yeah but not ocd lol :)
Main centre page is just sexy with a clock widget and maybe a dock, left is folders of certain type of app and is tidy, 1st right is a mess,.. youd hate it mate lol, widgets and shortcuts :) right of that is full size calender widget.. far left is titled Sandroid Pit at the top n thats where i put new apps when testin em.
Thats it, 5pages (cymetrical) :)

Upvote 0
so you suffer from Obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry; by repetitive behaviors aimed at reducing the associated anxiety; or by a combination of such obsessions and compulsions over your phone screens??

images

Upvote 0
Home screen is just a widget. To the right are my daily apps that get used a lot (calculator, camera, calendar, etc). The screen the the right of that is my entertainment page (music, score center, direct tv, tune in radio, YouTube, etc). Pretty much anything that uses data.

Scrolling over to the left ifs my widget page (search bar, power control bar, auto rotate widget and power amp widget). To the left of that are all my games which right now I don't have any. All apps are in alphabetically order.

Upvote 0
Mmhmm me for sure. My home page is always the same. Big weather widget and 2 full rows of icons making sure I have my messengers, facebook, camera, stores, and gallery icons on it. And the dock is phone, contacts, messages, and Chrome. The right page will have my music widget on the very top and then two rows of icons on the bottom two rows. All other pages have two rows of icons or widgets on the very bottom rows leaving me the top half of the screen on the remaining pages so I can see my wallpaper =) I always have it that way and I took screenshots of all the pages and put them on my computer so if I ever factory reset then I will have the exact layout again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones