• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Homescreen transitions seem slow?

Curious Mew

Apr 20, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I have had my new Samsung Galaxy S phone for only a couple days now, it is pretty sweet phone. Up until recently.. I have seemingly noticed a slow, almost glitchy-like transition every time I flick through my 7 home-screens?

I have read another forum about a Galaxy 2 user who had the same problem, and one user suggested the Program Monitor Widget might be the cause of this? What about that widget is giving the lag? I have put the widget in the trash and the lag has seemingly went away, but it is still kind of a shame that I can't use it. I hate when things don't run smoothly like they should.

For years I had used an HTC MyTouch 3G. By moving up to the Samsung Galaxy, I thought a smooth interface would already be a permanent Android feature, regardless of what malicious stuff might be active under the hood. Apparently not, because even the Galaxy 2 user mentioned above is having the same issue(s) as the Galaxy 1 user?!

I've personally learnt to live with the slight lag in order to have the program monitor widget on my homescreen but you can still access the app by holding the Home button until a pop-up window appears and then select task manager.

There may very well be third party alternatives on Google Play Store, but I've never bothered to check so can't recommend any.

Ray.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones