• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root honeycomb sdk port released

Well as you said, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I think its pointless and I am allowed to think that. Why would I want a Tablet operating system on my phone when I already have the latest phone operating system and when the next one comes out, i'll have that too.

These devs are doing it for fun and yes, of course it might be possible but at the end of the day, its a good thing for them to do to further advance their knowledge, but please dont be disillusioned that you will get a stable tablet operating system on your phone before 2.4. It will be a huge job porting it over and getting all the drivers working efficiently (especially when these drivers will not be made by HTC or google for the nexus 1 / desire)

Upvote 0
Ice Cream Sarnie (or whatever) is said to bring the Honeycomb benefits to phones amongst other things. I'd imagine we'll get a fully functioning version of that on our phones before Honeycomb.

That said, as has already been mentioned, these people that work away on these projects for our benefits may discover new functions and abilities that could trickle down the custom roms they produce so 'crack on' I say!

Upvote 0
Ice Cream Sarnie (or whatever) is said to bring the Honeycomb benefits to phones amongst other things. I'd imagine we'll get a fully functioning version of that on our phones before Honeycomb.

That said, as has already been mentioned, these people that work away on these projects for our benefits may discover new functions and abilities that could trickle down the custom roms they produce so 'crack on' I say!

Exactly so hardly pointless good points

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones