• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

honor 5x restarting and battery goes to 2%

web bender

Lurker
May 15, 2019
Hi! I have a Huawei honor 5x in good quality it is about 4.5 years in use and barely scratched. I have installed many apps(<150) (all from play store) in its lifetime and some got me a few popups in the main screen lately. (uninstalled previously before pop-ups appeared) and I was able to find the app and uninstall it and the popups stopped.there is a small chance that someone that I know might have intentionally installed a virus.
the symptoms are random restarts throughout the day and after restart battery drops to 2% and goes to 0% (shutdown) in 30 seconds. battery life has gone down by almost around 60%(100% to 0% without restarts around 2.5 hours with little use) and phone by itself has turned extremely slow. (no duplicate files or anything suspicious)(no suspicious apps)
I have not tried to factory reset it yet but I think it might be a trojan virus in the firmware of the device.

any help appreciated.
thanks.

Now those symptoms sounds much more like the battery is just worn out, and doesn't hold enough volts to run the phone properly anymore. Not a virus. Especially given that it's over four years old. You could try resetting it, but if the battery is knackered, that won't fix it.
sorry for being a noob, but maybe how do i check the battery quality and life)
thanks for all the help.

Upvote 0
sorry for being a noob, but maybe how do i check the battery quality and life)
thanks for all the help.

Try starting and running it in safe mode, which will only load and run the system apps, and if it's doing the same things then, shutting down, sporadic restarting etc,. That will pretty much confirm it's the battery or an actual fault with the phone. Factory resetting will also confirm it as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones