• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hooking the phone on car vent.

th1rst

Lurker
Jul 26, 2009
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there was some way of hooking up the phone on the air vents in my car. I use the phone a lot for GPS and it would be nice if it would just support itself so I can just glance at it and know where I'm going instead of picking the phone up all the time. If anybody has any links to accessories that are made for this or any tips on how to get it done that woul be great!

Thank,

**EDIT**
I guess it would be important to mention that I have a dream. :p

that is a really bad idea. you absolutely do not want to blow hot air on your phone. these things get hot enough as it is. running cold air isn't a great idea either ... but not as bad. it's a better idea to try to find a flat surface somewhere on your dash or middle console (that's what i do) and get a universal car mount. good ones are about 15 or 20 bucks on ebay. you could probably find one made for your particular phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones