• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Horrible Screen Issues

This is to see if I can find some help here. Previously posted on the XDA forums. Reference this thread: Strange issues... - xda-developers

First:
I'm into about week 2 of my first EVO and I love the phone. Yesterday, however, I started to have strange screen issues. I'll try my best to explain:

In some browser pages, forums, and even my home screens the screen will act as though I am rapidly moving it up and down. It is impossible to stop it because it freezes up all the buttons. I figured I had a bad app so I went drastic and hard rebooted my phone. (Which is stock 2.2) Initially it seemed better but it started happening again, even while writing this post...I did not install any apps so I can only guess my screen is bad?

Then:
Ok, it happened again for about 2 minutes this time. I studied what it was doing and it seems it is trying to zoom in then out very rapidly. Occasionally jumping to different spots on the screen.

Followed By:(Checking the possibility of an improperly grounded screen)
Well, that isn't the issue. Read some posts, watched a few videos detailing said issue, tried the tests and downloaded the Multitouch Visualization App just to be 100% positive. Passed all tests.

I have Hardware Revision 0003. Everything else runs flawlessly with the exception of this weird screen issue. Now it seems like it is trying to push "buttons" on its own, pull down the shade, etc.

Kind of frustrated now. It's just so random.

Finally:
Ok, I made 2 crappy videos for you guys to see....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIK3DlbKKWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPze7PdNiHE

Another user here posted something similar this week. Is your phone stock or rooted?

Its my belief that if you are stock and the issue remains after a hard reset that it could definitely be a hardware issue and you should take it in for repair

If rooted try wiping dalvik and cache and bat stats, reflash your rom

If that doesn't work try the above but flash a new rom

And if that doesn't work unroot and take in for repairs.

Also look at the possibility that it could be a custom kernel...if u are using one

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones