• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how add a picture of friends on contacts

slash433

Lurker
Mar 2, 2011
hi everyone got myself a s3 and i love it the only thing i cant seem to do is put pictures of friends to their phone number when i set the picture as a contact my phone book just doesnt come up to allow me to assign their picture to their number, i know ill have missed something so simple that i am not doing right can anyone help?, ps i dont use face book i just want friends pictures assigned to their phone numbers thank you for your help in advance

Had this same problem a few minutes ago.

Managed to solve it with the help of the above poster and trial and error.

To save pictures with the contact i believe you must save them to the Phone and NOT the Sim which mine originally were saved too.

You can then also leave lots more info about the contact.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
I was really disappointed with how bad the contacts pictures look when synced with facebook so I decided that I would save some of my contacts pictures off fb and then edit said contacts manually.
I tried to save the pics whilst browsing facebook on my phone, which I couldn't, bit I did however stumble across the option to add any of my fb friends pics to the contacts in the phone book.
Looks so much better than how it does it manually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones