1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How are you dealing with the TB Battery Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tbrooks123, Mar 22, 2011.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Lurker
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Thank Heavens someone else gets it. I didn't pay 250 for a handicapped phone. With all of the hype, this phone should be perfect, including a long battery life without the need to strip off tons of things which were part of the reason I bought it in the first place.

Advertisement

2. Odinist

Odinist Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2010
    IT
    Okc, OK
  3. rigor

rigor Member
    None

Feb 19, 2010
    Not seeing the issue. Sure the battery was a little poor the first 3-4 charge cycles, then it perked right up (which is normal for a new battery by the way). I'm seeing the same battery life as with my Eris. Now that the battery is conditioned, on a "bad" day with more usage, I'm "only" getting 10-12 hours before I'm down to like 20% left. On more usual usage days, I still have about 30% left after being off the charger for 16 hours.

For you super heavy users and folks that also can't be around some form of a charger during the day, the HTC extended battery is getting great reviews on life over at AC forums.

4. makerofdrums

makerofdrums Newbie
    None

May 16, 2010

Well I can't say for sure since I just got the new SIM about 2hrs ago.

I did have data drops everywhere at random times, including my home which my previous phone's 3g connection worked great..

So far no drops, streamed pandora for about 1hr (crosses fingers)

5. nkd

nkd Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    Well good news is verizon has been fixing the issue to be honest. I have the same simcard and I think verizon has been working on 4g issues in the background. I have not lost signal all day today and has been getting better yesterday. This morning I had no service at 7 not even 3g, but as mentioned in another thread verizon was doing some kinda of maintainence or something. I have been using my phone as a hotspot for the last hour and has been working great. The funny thing is my hotspot name has changed since last time, lol.

6. makerofdrums

makerofdrums Newbie
    None

May 16, 2010

Well I can't say for sure since I just got the new SIM about 2hrs ago.

I did have data drops everywhere at random times, including my home which my previous phone's 3g connection worked great..

So far no drops, streamed pandora for about 1hr (crosses fingers)

7. Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    I have no issue with the battery life at all. Not sure what all the whining is about. It has a huge screen a 1 MHz processor what do they expect? Its like someone driving an Escalade and complaining about fuel mileage. HELLO!

8. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert
    None

Jan 9, 2010
    Restaurant Owner and Chef
    Denver
    Yeah I'm not really having issues I get on average around 15hrs . I do however charge my batteries on an external charger and have a spare just incase I can't get to an extra charger before I run out of juice .

Once HTC releases the Kernal Source and we can get some custom undervolted kernals this thing is easily going to get 20hrs of use on a stock battery. I think the 2700 battery looks awful, I had a couple hump back batteries on my Incredible but always seemed like a waste, I'd rather carry an extra battery

redraider1 likes this.
  9. chrisjm00

chrisjm00 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 9, 2010
    Military
    Baltimore, MD
    To the folks getting bad battery life, are you in a good or bad 4G area? I know the battery life on my X would drop fast if the phone had to keep switching from 1X to 3G because of bad signal.

10. redraider1

None

Mar 15, 2011
    I charge it overnight. It lasts me all day playing words with friends, texting and checking the internet/facebook. Supposedly in one of the other threads the guy talked to someone from HTC and they are supposed to be making a 1800mah battery like they did for the inc.

11. arjo_reich

arjo_reich Newbie
    None

Apr 4, 2010
    Software Developer
    Nashville, TN
    More importantly, what are you syncing and at what frequency when you notice poor battery performance. A dead give-away you have a run-away application is if your phone's awake-time is nearly equal to your phone's up-time. (meaning regardless of how little you use your phone, it's always grinding away at something)

Speaking of which, I wonder when they're going to have folding apps for the android. :: ponders his first market app:: :)

12. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Newbie
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    I let it fully discharge and then charged it while the phone was off. After about 3 hours I got green. I booted and it was at 88%. I'm now going to try and charge it back up while still on.

13. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC
    My battery life was pretty good yesterday after I did a hard reset and had it rolling for a good portion of the day. Today not so good, woke up to a completely dead phone, it had about 40% when I went to bed, this morning I had 5%??? Like WTF! I've had countless Android phones, and have never had this many issues with a stock battery. Then I fully charged it and left the house with it at 100%, about 45min later and after some lite use, maybe 5 text messages, 1 short phone call, and a check to ESPN and BGR, I was down to 70%! Lol, that's crazy...I was really trying to get this stock battery conditioned, looks like its not going to happen. Going to fully charge this new 1600 Seidio battery I got yesterday and see how it holds up...prob a waste of $50!

14. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA.
    The phone is already a little bit heavy for me to put a bigger battery.

15. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    Maybe hit the gym? :rolleyes:

16. Tryn2getaclu

Tryn2getaclu Member
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Am new to android, coming from BB with infinitely less potential and better batt life. I have seen many of posts like this. While I appreciate the sarcasm, a level of active power management just makes sense to me. Just because it CAN do loads of things, doing them all at once makes little sense - especially with the slim stock battery. If someone wants it do everything simultaneously, the compromise to the extended batt seems reasonable. If I want to run every electricity using thing in my home simultaneously, I have to expect with a BIG electric bill. Or, I can compromise and only turn on stuff I am using and save on the bill.

Most of it seems common sense and with a bit of research, I am fast learning to have access to everything TB does while only running what I need at any given time. I don't need news updating when I only look at it occasionally. I don't need weather updating every 10, 20, 30 min or even every hour. In fact, I don't need weather updating at all - just open the app and in seconds I have the latest. Obviously, there are many others like this. I don't live in 4G so I toggle off 4G with the Phone Info app. Power Control widget lets me easily toggle on/off the various radios and screen brightness. Polling most important emails frequently and less significant ones at longer intervals, etc., etc. To me, most of this makes as much sense as turning off the lights in a room when I leave it, turning off the TV when I am not watching it, lowering the heat when nobody is home, etc.

While I am not a "power user", I charge when I go to sleep. The phone usually has around 25%+ on the battery and this is still with more use than I will have once I am familiar with the device and stop loading/changing/etc.

I don't know anything about SkyDroid but if you need your phone to run that, assuming it as power hungry as you indicate, why not get the big batt for golf days and use the stock one for other times? I'm not really asking for an answer. I am just a little surprised to see how quick people seem to be to slam this device when it won't get 90 mpg going uphill at 150 mph. 1400 mAh is 1400 mAh - when it is used up/wasted unnecessarily...

That all said, I was surprised to thee the HTC EVO 3D announced with a 1730 mAh battery and HDMI out. :thinking:

17. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC
    ok, everyphone has great battery life when it's on Wifi...We need to be able to get this sort of usage with 4G running...to do that we need an 1800mAh battery... U listening HTC>>>A BIGGER BATTERY WILL DO THE TRICK!

18. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Newbie
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    Update: Looks like that may have done the trick.

19. Feels Good Man

Feels Good Man Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    This was after a normal charge (no bump). Im not in a 4G area and was on wifi for most of the day.

13% battery remaining
    8:05 up time
    47:30 awake

Utilization:
    40% display
    21% voice
    12% standby
    11% Idle
    6% Wifi
    a few others, under 5%

20. ISUVetMed

ISUVetMed Member
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    In a 3G area after bump charging and breaking in my battery. Been in class all day so very little use and I charged it before I went to bed. I am at 70% battery with 19 hours of up time and just over an hour of awake time :D

21. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert
    None

Jan 9, 2010
    Restaurant Owner and Chef
    Denver
    Please report back after a few days of the Seidio battery . I actually had good expierence with there 1750 battery for the Incredible (the one everyone dogs) got a little better life then my 1500 EVO battery.

I am still using the generic battery as my back up but want to either get another OEM or the Seidio but don't know if the Seidio is worth the extra $25-$30... Let me know what you think

22. HTCTundaBow

HTCTundaBow Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    Ga
    8:00am - 9:30pm(just now)

Just got the "15% battery remaining" warning. Been on and off 4G all day. Moderate Facebook, text, youtube, games, trolling forums. So, 13.5 hrs unplugged. Not too shabby. I'm happy :)

23. nateap87

nateap87 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    California
    i have yet to really go about my typical day since i got the phone. but so far i'm very happy with the battery. could be happier in that it could have a bigger battery just for peace of mind but so far it giving me better results than my OG droid with cm7's latest nightly. However, the display has accounted for 90% of the battery consumption. for today, it's been off the charger for a little more than 5 hours and am at 65%. and i'd go ahead an say it's with my typical use.

24. jsk0703

jsk0703 Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    11:30pm last night to 8:30pm tonight. Still had 60% left. Very light day today. Couple of missed phone calls, few email/facebook syncs, downloaded Doodlejump from Amazon appstore. In 4G the whole time.

25. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: