• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How are you dealing with the TB Battery Issue

This is my "Numero Uno" complaint about all of these battery saving tips.

To translate for everyone else, "Use your phone in a completely different manner in which you would really, really like to use it and VIOLA!!" you now can get infinite battery life.

I'm not slamming on you tbrooks. And if that works for you and your happy with it, then by all means go for it and great job.

But I bought a phone that is supposed to be capable of doing things that my HTC Eris would not, and damnit I want it to do those things.

EDIT: My true test will be when I hit the golf course and run SkyDroid. The Eris would make it a full round on a full charge but it would be on the verge of kicking the bucket.

Thank Heavens someone else gets it. I didn't pay 250 for a handicapped phone. With all of the hype, this phone should be perfect, including a long battery life without the need to strip off tons of things which were part of the reason I bought it in the first place.

Upvote 0
Not seeing the issue. Sure the battery was a little poor the first 3-4 charge cycles, then it perked right up (which is normal for a new battery by the way). I'm seeing the same battery life as with my Eris. Now that the battery is conditioned, on a "bad" day with more usage, I'm "only" getting 10-12 hours before I'm down to like 20% left. On more usual usage days, I still have about 30% left after being off the charger for 16 hours.

For you super heavy users and folks that also can't be around some form of a charger during the day, the HTC extended battery is getting great reviews on life over at AC forums.

Upvote 0
I highy doubt it. I have seen people still have issues after changin out sim. I had the. Same issue in my house but since yesterday my connection has been so much better. I am happy now u can say lol. I was almost about to return the phone. If u are getting constant drops everywhere then u might have an issue other then network.

Well I can't say for sure since I just got the new SIM about 2hrs ago.

I did have data drops everywhere at random times, including my home which my previous phone's 3g connection worked great..

So far no drops, streamed pandora for about 1hr (crosses fingers)

Upvote 0
Well good news is verizon has been fixing the issue to be honest. I have the same simcard and I think verizon has been working on 4g issues in the background. I have not lost signal all day today and has been getting better yesterday. This morning I had no service at 7 not even 3g, but as mentioned in another thread verizon was doing some kinda of maintainence or something. I have been using my phone as a hotspot for the last hour and has been working great. The funny thing is my hotspot name has changed since last time, lol.

Upvote 0
I highy doubt it. I have seen people still have issues after changin out sim. I had the. Same issue in my house but since yesterday my connection has been so much better. I am happy now u can say lol. I was almost about to return the phone. If u are getting constant drops everywhere then u might have an issue other then network.

Well I can't say for sure since I just got the new SIM about 2hrs ago.

I did have data drops everywhere at random times, including my home which my previous phone's 3g connection worked great..

So far no drops, streamed pandora for about 1hr (crosses fingers)

Upvote 0
Yeah I'm not really having issues I get on average around 15hrs . I do however charge my batteries on an external charger and have a spare just incase I can't get to an extra charger before I run out of juice .

Once HTC releases the Kernal Source and we can get some custom undervolted kernals this thing is easily going to get 20hrs of use on a stock battery. I think the 2700 battery looks awful, I had a couple hump back batteries on my Incredible but always seemed like a waste, I'd rather carry an extra battery

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0
More importantly, what are you syncing and at what frequency when you notice poor battery performance. A dead give-away you have a run-away application is if your phone's awake-time is nearly equal to your phone's up-time. (meaning regardless of how little you use your phone, it's always grinding away at something)

Speaking of which, I wonder when they're going to have folding apps for the android. :: ponders his first market app:: :)

Upvote 0
My battery life was pretty good yesterday after I did a hard reset and had it rolling for a good portion of the day. Today not so good, woke up to a completely dead phone, it had about 40% when I went to bed, this morning I had 5%??? Like WTF! I've had countless Android phones, and have never had this many issues with a stock battery. Then I fully charged it and left the house with it at 100%, about 45min later and after some lite use, maybe 5 text messages, 1 short phone call, and a check to ESPN and BGR, I was down to 70%! Lol, that's crazy...I was really trying to get this stock battery conditioned, looks like its not going to happen. Going to fully charge this new 1600 Seidio battery I got yesterday and see how it holds up...prob a waste of $50!

Upvote 0
This is my "Numero Uno" complaint about all of these battery saving tips.

To translate for everyone else, "Use your phone in a completely different manner in which you would really, really like to use it and VIOLA!!" you now can get infinite battery life.

Am new to android, coming from BB with infinitely less potential and better batt life. I have seen many of posts like this. While I appreciate the sarcasm, a level of active power management just makes sense to me. Just because it CAN do loads of things, doing them all at once makes little sense - especially with the slim stock battery. If someone wants it do everything simultaneously, the compromise to the extended batt seems reasonable. If I want to run every electricity using thing in my home simultaneously, I have to expect with a BIG electric bill. Or, I can compromise and only turn on stuff I am using and save on the bill.

Most of it seems common sense and with a bit of research, I am fast learning to have access to everything TB does while only running what I need at any given time. I don't need news updating when I only look at it occasionally. I don't need weather updating every 10, 20, 30 min or even every hour. In fact, I don't need weather updating at all - just open the app and in seconds I have the latest. Obviously, there are many others like this. I don't live in 4G so I toggle off 4G with the Phone Info app. Power Control widget lets me easily toggle on/off the various radios and screen brightness. Polling most important emails frequently and less significant ones at longer intervals, etc., etc. To me, most of this makes as much sense as turning off the lights in a room when I leave it, turning off the TV when I am not watching it, lowering the heat when nobody is home, etc.

While I am not a "power user", I charge when I go to sleep. The phone usually has around 25%+ on the battery and this is still with more use than I will have once I am familiar with the device and stop loading/changing/etc.

I don't know anything about SkyDroid but if you need your phone to run that, assuming it as power hungry as you indicate, why not get the big batt for golf days and use the stock one for other times? I'm not really asking for an answer. I am just a little surprised to see how quick people seem to be to slam this device when it won't get 90 mpg going uphill at 150 mph. 1400 mAh is 1400 mAh - when it is used up/wasted unnecessarily...

That all said, I was surprised to thee the HTC EVO 3D announced with a 1730 mAh battery and HDMI out. :thinking:

Upvote 0
My battery life was pretty good yesterday after I did a hard reset and had it rolling for a good portion of the day. Today not so good, woke up to a completely dead phone, it had about 40% when I went to bed, this morning I had 5%??? Like WTF! I've had countless Android phones, and have never had this many issues with a stock battery. Then I fully charged it and left the house with it at 100%, about 45min later and after some lite use, maybe 5 text messages, 1 short phone call, and a check to ESPN and BGR, I was down to 70%! Lol, that's crazy...I was really trying to get this stock battery conditioned, looks like its not going to happen. Going to fully charge this new 1600 Seidio battery I got yesterday and see how it holds up...prob a waste of $50!

Please report back after a few days of the Seidio battery . I actually had good expierence with there 1750 battery for the Incredible (the one everyone dogs) got a little better life then my 1500 EVO battery.

I am still using the generic battery as my back up but want to either get another OEM or the Seidio but don't know if the Seidio is worth the extra $25-$30... Let me know what you think

Upvote 0
i have yet to really go about my typical day since i got the phone. but so far i'm very happy with the battery. could be happier in that it could have a bigger battery just for peace of mind but so far it giving me better results than my OG droid with cm7's latest nightly. However, the display has accounted for 90% of the battery consumption. for today, it's been off the charger for a little more than 5 hours and am at 65%. and i'd go ahead an say it's with my typical use.

Upvote 0
attachment.php

Attachments

• god_kills_kitten.jpg
    god_kills_kitten.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones