• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how can i flashed my htc evo 4g to metro pcs?

saga13mx

Jun 26, 2011
i been looking all over the forum and all i can find is information after you got your phone already flashed but i cant find how to do this to begin with.

i download cdma workshop demo (can i use the demo or do i need the full version) but i dont know how to actually do it.

can anybody share either a direct link or a tuto about this?

i found this online and im not sure if is accurate:

how to flash Htc Evo to MetroPCS - YouTube

i been looking all over the forum and all i can find is information after you got your phone already flashed but i cant find how to do this to begin with.

i download cdma workshop demo (can i use the demo or do i need the full version) but i dont know how to actually do it.

can anybody share either a direct link or a tuto about this?

i found this online and im not sure if is accurate:

how to flash Htc Evo to MetroPCS - YouTube

Try this guide...hope it helps:)

Upvote 0
yeah there are not many guides out there on how to flash to metro. i wish i can be of more help, but i cannot as i have never flashed to another network. i can't say go for it, but i can't say not to try the youtube way. it is a relatively old video and i'm not sure how good the info is so the choice will be yours to make. i could have sworn that some metro pcs stores could flash your phone over. i could be completely wrong, however. its worth looking into.

Upvote 0
That tutorial says "phone already activated to metro", does that mean the line that I already have on metro right? That would be my donor phone?

I already called a couple of stores and they don't do metro flash anymore I found a couple of people on Craigslist but they charge 70 and up to do it...too expensive in my opinion

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones