• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I get my browser to ask to save passwords.

landovr

Android Enthusiast
Feb 2, 2011
Alberta Canada
Hi all i'm running windows 7 home premium with Internet Explorer the newest version, not sure what the number is. I recently deleted all saved passwords but there is one site I would like to keep the saved password but I can't seem to get the browser to ask to save passwords again. Is there anyway I can do this?

Internet Explorer has a feature since v8 (v9 is the latest version released, and 10 is in alpha / beta) that allows you to do exactly that. The site that you want to keep the PWs for, just make it a favorite. Then, with IE running, press and hold CTRL + SHIFT + DEL and it will bring up a menu that allows you to delete all the PWs. At the very top of the list is the setting Preserve Favorites website data - check that, and it will save the PWs for all sites that you have made into Favorites.

HTH

Reactions: landovr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones