• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How can I return my .893 Bionic to 100% stock?

I rooted my Bionic, then unrooted. At least I thought I did. I tried to install the .903 OTA but it says update failed. How can I return this thing to 100% stock?

The actual reason it failed (and I'm assuming you meant the .905 OTA) is because it was expecting you to be on .902, which you are not.

You can either 1) apply the .902 OTA by downloading it, and then apply the .905 OTA either by taknig it OTA or else just downloading that too, oor, you can do as below.

Frankly, this is the best method b/c this is the current version of the software without having to take all the time and worrying about updates and what not. When you're done your phone will be as if you just bought it from the store with the latest released software out there.

And yes, you can root this version as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones