• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how do I find where the ringtone is on the OS

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Hi,

On my phone I have a ringtone set, all it says is "unknown ringtone". I am not sure where the ringtone is on the OS, is there any way I can find out where it is located? It is not in the default list of media manager.

Thanks

Hi,

thank you for the answers. I have a file manager but I cannot find the file itself. Is there a configuration file which actually says the location of the file on the system? I have looked for all mp3's and ogg files but I can't seem to find it as all it says is unknown ringtone as opposed to the actual name of the file.

Thanks

Upvote 0
the ringtone works though, that is the strange thing. I must have set it at some point in the past but dont know where it came from. It isnt in the default folders and doing a global search for all music file formats does not come up with that ringtone.

it must be coming from somewhere on the system.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones