• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I update android firmware?

Mini dude

Lurker
Dec 26, 2012
Hello everyone, firstly this in my first post so admins please feel free to move it to where it belongs, secondly I am also new to android being an apple iOS user since its birth so please take pity on my ignorance.

Now going onto my issue, I bought a iMiTo AM802 Tablet for my wife for Christmas as it was a decent cheap tablet, I cannot fault the device it is great but have found a lot of things are not supported on this device. This is not really my issue but just wanted to know that it's not something I'm doing wrong. My real issue is that I cannot seem to grasp how I update my android firmware to the latest 4.2 update. It is currently running 4.1.1 and when I search for updates through my settings options, it states it is up to date although I know that the 4.2 version is available.

Am I doing something wrong or missing the way to update this or is it anther compatibility issue??
Thanks!

Hello everyone, ...

Now going onto my issue, I bought a iMiTo AM802 Tablet ...
My real issue is that I cannot seem to grasp how I update my android firmware to the latest 4.2 update. It is currently running 4.1.1 and when I search for updates through my settings options, it states it is up to date although I know that the 4.2 version is available.
Thanks!

Surely you're talking of android 4.1.2 which is the last available.

One question... where did you get that version of android? From iMito?
I'm supporting somebody with that nice cheapo tablet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones