• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you hard reset a samsung galaxy sprica/i5700 phone? (On BOOT UP)

*2767*3855# I got this number to factory reset my spica but, actually I need to do 'recovery mode' to upgrade to gingerbread.

STEP 4: Now, you need to restart your Galaxy Spica in recovery mode. If you are wondering how to do it, then simply hold Volume Down button, Call button, and End Call button together while the phone is switched off, and your phone will get restarted in recovery mode.

I CAN'T DO STEP 4 IN MY SPICA, THEN I SEARCHED INFORMATION IN GOOGLE TILL I ARRIVED HERE AND TRIED *2767*3855#. I didn't get 'recovery mode' I just get factory reset.

STEP 5: While your smartphone is in recovery mode, choose Wipe data & cache option, when it prompts to choose any such options.

How to upgrade into GINGERBREAD?

Upvote 0
i got a different problem tho it may be the same as other people out here, i turned off my samsung galaxy spica to charge yesterday. after that, when i turn it on, the blue screen appeared so slow. i took my lunch and when i look at my phone, the blue screen is still there. i tried to recover, the volume down + call up + call down, it work but the blue screen is still there, can anyone help me?

Upvote 0
hi,
i have a big problem.
while i had trying to update the android on my phone, the electricity had interrupted and my pc go down. Now on the screen on my spica i5700 show me the same (image of screen is uploaded to my avatar) like my avatar here. Now the pc don't recognize the phone. What to do?

Upvote 0
I have a galaxy i5700 aka sprica and to make a long story short while letting someone check out the features pattern recognition was enabled and they couldn't remember the pattern so now I'm locked out of my phone.

It would be most appreciated if someone could please tell me how to hard reset (key combos etc) on boot up to reset factory settings as I can't get to the menu.

I am so not digging the fact I have nothing more right now then an expensive electronic brick.

THANK YOU[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
too many pattern attempts! I have a galaxy i5700 aka sprica and to make a long story short while letting someone check out the features pattern recognition was enabled and they couldn't remember the pattern so now I'm locked out of my phone.

It would be most appreciated if someone could please tell me how to hard reset (key combos etc) on boot up to reset factory settings as I can't get to the menu.

I am so not digging the fact I have nothing more right now then an expensive electronic brick.

THANK YOU[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones