• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How long does your htc hero battery usually last

Phone's off the charger at 5:30am

Have 4 email accounts, 3 check every hour, gmail every 15 mins or so
Facebook checks once per hour
Weather widget
Calender widget
About a dozen texts per day
A bit of gaming, web browsing or market browsing

Phone is at less that 10% and needs to be charged around 7pm.

So I average about 14 hours on a single charge

Upvote 0
19hr 45min and I still had 45% battery left.. this is running Fresh 2.0d.. I use the HTC clock/weather widget..I txt..I check face book.. I browse the web..I browse the market.. I make 4-8 calls lasting 5 minutes to 30 minutes each.. I feel certain it'll go well past 24 hours.

how do I get long battery life.. simple.. I have 6 bars of signal. The better the signal, the less power used by the phone. when you get down to 1-2 bars, the battery life suffers big time. If I have to go into a customers office..I get 0 bars. that's because it'll be a radiology dept at a hospital and they have lead shielded walls.. 0 bars and my battery will go from full to red in 4 hours..

Upvote 0
Does everyone have their clock widget by htc with the weather deleted from their phone.

I am still using the fancy flip-clock/ weather widget, and as I stated above, I'm averaging 48 hours between charges. (current UP time on this charge is 71 hours - battery at 25%)

The key is to change the clock's settings by choosing a city instead of "current location". Do the same with the weather, and also tell it to update only when you tap it. otherwise the clock and the weather are constantly pinging the servers for updates - that's a definite battery killer.

Upvote 0
If you don't absolutely need to have your phone updating and syncing every 15 minutes or whatever you can have great battery life.
Just turn off the 3G connection until you need it. You will still get calls and texts but your battery will last much longer. I was going to buy an extended battery but I just don,t need it. I use the widget for turning mobile on and off and flip it on to browse the web or market or whatever and flip it off when I am done. I can get 2 days from a single charge no problem.
Of course if you need Email updating regularly facebook syncing every 15 minutes your battery life will suffer accordingly.

Upvote 0
I play Pandora consistently at work at my desk so i dont get the best battery life. I unplugg at 6am, pandora is running by 7am. By noon, my battery bar is in the orange, but again that is with pandora running non stop and doing regular phone and app use. so 6 hours of life.....blah but im trying it out today without running pandora and doing my regular phone usage and seeing how my battery life changes. I understand that Pandora drains the battery but thats what i like to listen to at work.

I got a little over 12 hours without having Pandora on....so not too bad...kinda sux when everyone else still says they are getting 20+ hours.

Upvote 0
When people report how many hours they get out of a charge, there is a lack of a standard as to what that actually means. Do they mean: when they think it's time to charge, or when the low battery warning message comes on? This would be important info for anyone trying to use this thread as a guage against their own experiences.

Perhaps the remaining battery percentage at how many hours would be more valuable...however, everyone's definition of usage varies. "Moderate usage" to one person, is perhpas heavy usage to another.

Also, a related comment: What good does a battery that last 24 hours do for anyone? So it is fully charged at 7AM when you get up, and dead the next morning at 7AM? So then you have to charge it? Why not just charge it every night?

EDIT/added: To me, if it lasts all day, without giving me worry about it dying before I go to bed each night, without me having to think, "gee, I better not use it, the battery might die" ...it has done great.

This is not a criticizm of anyone's posting, just making an observation and a suggestion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones