• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How long to get upgrade date reset?

jkc120

Android Expert
Apr 12, 2010
El Dorado Hills, CA
Long story short, I bought a nexus on release date, wound up swapping it for a rezound and just returned the rezound yesterday. Couple of questions:

1. Does it really take 3 days to reset the upgrade date? I had one person tell me "about a day", another said 72 hours and yet another said the CSR in the store could do it right then and there (which they could not).

2. They gave me a verizon gift card (didn't have the cash to refund to me). They said I could use it to pay my bill. Is that true? It's NOT a visa gift card, it's a verizon gift card. no magnetic strip, just a bar code on the back.

3. I originally had an additional $50 customer loyalty discount or something. I got the nexus for $249 not $299. Will this $50 credit still be there when the upgrade date resets?

4. Are the extended batteries still 50% off?

Thanks in advance guys and gals.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones