• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How many of you Have had random reboots ?

How many random reboots do you get a day ?

• Never, and damm you for besmirching a great phone.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Only once in a great moon.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • More than a few a day.

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
It's happened to me twice about two weeks ago while making a phone call at home. Both times this happened while I was outside, clear blue sky and I always have 2 signal bars at home for what it's worth. Once was while I was talking to my mother and the other time was while I was talking to my soon-to-be ex-wife. I just figured the phone was trying to help me out or tell me something. And I thought; "wow, this phone is Incredible"! But seriously, those were the only times it has happened to me (so far).

Upvote 0
I have reboots about 2-3 times a day. What I have been noticing it is usually when my location needs updating, (google search page aquiring location, or any app that uses satellite GPS for location updates). I did a soft reset (pulled battery while powered up) last night and the phone was fine. Drove to work this morning and opened the internet browser and as soon as the Google search page said "aquiring location" the phone rebooted. I have only had the phone since the 8th, I hope this doesn't get worse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones