• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How my phone changed my life

oh .. no.. this tech is shaping your mind based on complex testing of your brain and it's unique capabilities from your birth. carear training is selected after 8 yrs of brain education and development.. to best suit your personal skills and desires and interests.

this is all done mostly subconsciously when awake and when you are sleeping.
but there will be 2 one-hour active lectures per day.

yes. this tech is active on a matrix communication to all cloud based information and people around the world. entrainment is limitless and a world wide social endeavor.

Upvote 0
When I was a kid,

Then:
*You need to have a film camera to take pictures and an expensive video camera for video.
*You need to go to the movie theater to watch the current movies and to a video store if you want to watch movies at home. You need a portable DVD player if you want to watch it anywhere else.
*You need to go somewhere? You need to visit that place.
*You need to call someone? Call them at home with the landline, and if they are not there, you need to write a message for the one who answered (no voice mails then). If you are outside, you need to call them with a payphone, but you need a card or coins.
*Unless you have Caller ID, you will never know who is the person who is trying (or tried) to reach you. You will never know how many missed calls you got.
*You need to play music for your school dance? You need to bring your big-ass radio with CD player + all the CDs you need.
*If you want to bring your books to read outside, you need a bookbag.
*You need to bring your Gameboy, if you want to play games outside.
*If you want to use the net, you have to find an internet cafe outside, or use your bulky desktop computer with dial up at home.

Now:
*Your phone has a camera and video recorder that is better than most digicams, some even in HD.
*You can download movies into your phone and watch it anywhere.
*Everything is online.
*You just need to call them on your mobile. If they don't answer leave a voice mail of text.
*Every info about the caller and missed calls is available.
*You just need to bring your phone and a stereo dock.
*All the ebooks you need are stored into your phone.
*You can play games on your phone, even nintendo ones.
*Your phone is better, faster, and have more memory than your desktop computer, which you can bring anywhere.

The biggest change is how you communicate with others.

When I was a kid, unless you have them as your neighbor, you only get to see your friends in school. You need to call them at their landline to plan any activities. You need to be at that place at the exact same time because you cannot change plans at the last minute.

You need to write letters or expensive out of country calls to keep in contact with your family abroad.

Now everyone is one text and call away.

You are all making me feel old! Never for get that you can your cell phone OFF! I do this often because I am nostalgic for the days of landlines and partylines...you couldn't use the phone if someone was on the same connection in your area! I didn't have cable television until my last year of high school! Today I can send an internet fax from my android phone and check email and use the GPS if I get lost....maybe we have become too dependent on them? I always wonder what will happen if there is a huge solar flare that destroys our global communications!

Upvote 0
oh .. no.. this tech is shaping your mind based on complex testing of your brain and it's unique capabilities from your birth. carear training is selected after 8 yrs of brain education and development.. to best suit your personal skills and desires and interests.

this is all done mostly subconsciously when awake and when you are sleeping.
but there will be 2 one-hour active lectures per day.

yes. this tech is active on a matrix communication to all cloud based information and people around the world. entrainment is limitless and a world wide social endeavor.
Have you read Asimov's "Profession"? :)Asimov - Profession by Isaac Asimov (1957)

Upvote 0
Having instant access to maps has made vacations better. Being able to store information on or access information through my cell phone has made my life better. Having the phone all the time to communicate is a blessing and curse. Many times I have needed some information to proceed further. Without cell phones, it may have taken hours or days to get the info. The curse is many people don't bother to give a problem a little thought. They just start looking for answers by calling someone or the internet. Many people complain about kids texting too much. I figure it is the same as my sisters talking on the phone for hours when I was a kid.
When I was a kid caller ID consisted of picking up the phone and talking.
When I was a kid we only had to DIAL 5 digits to make a local call.
When I was a kid the only person I knew who had an answering machine was James Garner.
When I was a kid the phone book was important, and everybody had one.
When I was a kid a phone would last twenty years.
When I was a kid, when someone went away you wouldn't talk to them until they came back.
My first cell phone was a bag phone. My monthly plan included 20 minutes.

Upvote 0
I had a cousin that depends too much on his technology.

When it was my Dad's birthday, he insisted on following the GPS, which will be hard since it is part of the barrio (rural village) and we drawn him a detailed map how to get there.

The map will take you from the airport to the house in less than 2 hours.

Because he so wanted to follow his "high tech GPS" he took him almost 8 hours because of the wrong turns.

Upvote 0
I don't have much to add to this thread, in part because I'm a little younger than some participating but especially because my household wasn't that technological when I was growing up- apparently my parents had a computer breifly in the 80's that they couldn't figure out how to use, so after a week, they sold it. We wouldn't have one again until the mid to late 90's when I was in junior high. We got a PC when I was in grade 9, a Windows 95 machine. My best friend borrowed the Win 95 disc to upgrade her operating system (she had a machine running windows 3.1) and it borked up her computer. We used to have like a caller ID thing for the computer so we could see who was calling while we were online.

The other issue is that telecommunications specifically and tech generally moves a little slower where I grew up- mum has a mobile phone but only gets service in the house if she stands on a chair in her home office upstairs in the front of the house. My parents were on dialup until 2007 or 2008 before high speed finally became available.

ETA: Oh! I see a lot of posts about bag phones. My dad had one until quite recently- he's a commercial fisherman and those bag phones work real good on the water! :) They now have a satellite phone which I understand the service will soon be dis-continued because they just don't do that anymore? Anyhow, growing up, we used to talk to papa on a 2-way radio, we could hear all the other fishermen talking to their wives and families on it too.

Upvote 0
I used to fight with my husband about who was right or wrong about whatever fact- now, we resolve our bickering by using our phone to check sources or facts ^_^ And I always love proving my husband wrong. Which happens more often than I can believe. :p

question....

when he wins.. is the marriage bed more quiet that night?
when you win... is he happier the next morning?

maybe he is smarter than you think?
he wins ;) :p :D

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
I used to fight with my husband about who was right or wrong about whatever fact- now, we resolve our bickering by using our phone to check sources or facts ^_^ And I always love proving my husband wrong. Which happens more often than I can believe. :p

This reminds me of a game we play with my girlfriend.

We usually bet on who is right or wrong on a fact or trivia, then search it online. The bets are not monetary usually just doing what the other person wanted.

For example, I lost a bet and we got to see the first twilight movie.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones