• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to access internet over 2G ?

Thanks,I'll try that tomorrow because I already subscribed for a 1 day internet bundle today...Hope it works.

Though I have answered your query you should really ask your network provider on their billing process.

If you have a 2G pack installed then even if you are connected over WCDMA they should charge you the same.
And if you have NO data pack then even if you connect over GSM any data transfer that takes place will be billed to you.

If you wish to just disable data transfers when you do not have a internet pack you should just long press the power button and Disable Data Network Mode from the pop up menu.

Even I have a 2G data plan enabled and I stay on the GSM/WCDMA mode and am not billed extra.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones