1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to access internet over 2G ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Madaro, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Madaro

Madaro Newbie

Well,when I activate packet data it automatically connects to 3G(or at least I think so),how to connect via 2G instead ?

Advertisement

2. While i can not answer your question i am interested why one earth you would want to ? When i lose a 3g signal and try to get online it so painfully slow i normally just give up and wait until 3g back again

3. Madaro

Madaro Newbie

Just wanted to use it when I'm low on credits since I don't have a data plan..

4. Forbidden 403

Forbidden 403 Android Enthusiast

Go to settings -> wireless and networks -> mobile networks -> Network mode

By default it should be set to GSM/WCDMA (Auto mode)
    Change it to GSM only for 2G mode or WCDMA for 3G mode.

Hope that helps

5. Madaro

Madaro Newbie

Thanks,I'll try that tomorrow because I already subscribed for a 1 day internet bundle today...Hope it works.

6. Make sense ;)

7. Forbidden 403

Forbidden 403 Android Enthusiast

Though I have answered your query you should really ask your network provider on their billing process.

If you have a 2G pack installed then even if you are connected over WCDMA they should charge you the same.
    And if you have NO data pack then even if you connect over GSM any data transfer that takes place will be billed to you.

If you wish to just disable data transfers when you do not have a internet pack you should just long press the power button and Disable Data Network Mode from the pop up menu.

Even I have a 2G data plan enabled and I stay on the GSM/WCDMA mode and am not billed extra.

Hope this helps.