• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to add tracks to albums on "Play Music"

D

DanielVT

Hello anyone and everyone! I have for a long time used an ipod for my music and a tracphone for phone services. As of yesterday I moved up to my first contract phone, a Samsung Galaxy S3. I used my ipod all the time and have thousands of songs that I bought on the iTunes store. I have already figured out how to transfer the music to the Galaxy, and I got an app to grab the album art. So far so good.

Here is my problem/question: I had physical albums that I ripped to iTunes. However I also bought the extra songs on iTunes that were a part of the deluxe edition of a particular album. I then added them to the album (edited the name to deluxe edition etc.) After that everything worked fine and there was one album with all the songs on it. However on my galaxy's "play music" section it is showing me two albums with the exact same name and image. My question is how do I combine these albums?

I've hooked up my galaxy to my pc and have tried to combine the albums but they are already apart of the same album. This problem is REALLY irritating me. Other than that I am in love with this phone and happy to turn my back on Apple. Hopefully what I wrote made sense, as it is certainly complicated.

Hi DanielIVT. Welcome to Android. I hope you love the freedom that brings. As for your duplicate LP's... I have one thought and it might be incorrect but here we go. As you are likely aware, music players glean their information (Artist, LP, track# etc) from a hidden meta data file that's attached to each mp3. If your player supports editing that file... you might give those files a look. Oddly enough, a leading space in your LP name will reflect the correct name but it will be unique from one that does not have a leading space. Editing out that space or making certain all the files of the LP are exactly the same should marry all the files into one LP.

If your player doesn't support meta data editing, there are many free editors on the market. I do hope this is fix for your problem.

Reactions: DanielVT
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones