• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to block ads from Desire HD in stock?

Can't say I've noticed them to be fair. I bet they stick out like a sore thumb now though.

Have you tried an alternative browser? I know Firefox do an android browser so you might be able to get an add on for that.

well there was an instance when the main phandroid website had this massive pop up with no instant visable way of closing the bugger, unless you mega zoom to the top right to see it (boo...)

but the most part pop-ups open up another window

Upvote 0
Dolphin HD prevents most of of those, but not all, via a pop up blocker configuration checkbox in settings.

The stock browser has a setting also, but I've found that it allows more than Dolphin, neither of which is nearly as good as the PC version of Firefox with AdBlocker Plus 1.3.3, which totally eradicates them.

agreed, have the block pop-up windows enabled, but still occasionally get pop ups spawing in new windows. but cheers for the suggestion, might actually give Dolphin Browser HD a try and see if that makes any difference.

Any one use Opera to see if theres a better pop-up blocker functionality built in?

Upvote 0
No Guys I mean blue labels start in some programs & some games too that what I mean ..

lol you mean the in built ads developers put in apps to compensate the fact the apps they usually provide are for free?

***sorry but to be more constructive, im only aware of hacking it whilst rooted and knowing a lil adb on the side, personally, with the size of the DHD, im ok with ads, and anyways, if you dont want ads, just fork out the usual 99cents and just buy the app ad free lol***

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I have a similar problem.
I just bought my first smart phone, HTC Desire HD, and I was just messing around with settings when I come around option that said that "phone will use your location to show you ads . . ." or something like that.
At that time I was connected to internet through Wi-Fi.
I wanted to see what it does, and now every time I start something (app, game), there is ribbon with Google ad.
I can't find that option again to turn it off.

Please, does anyone knows where is that options is so I can turn it OFF ?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I just bought my first smart phone, HTC Desire HD, and I was just messing around with settings when I come around option that said that "phone will use your location to show you ads . . ." or something like that.
I wanted to see what it does, and now every time I start something (app, game), there is ribbon with Google ad.

Thanks

Take a look at the post directly above yours.....

:p

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Thanks

That sounds like the setting Use Wireless Network in the Location Menu of the settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones