• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Change Default Messaging Options

Greetings! I am having an issue with my LG Optimus Showtime and can't find any documentation that addresses it. I have entered multiple fields of contact info into my contacts, including IM information: Yahoo, Skype, ICQ, etc... When I selected the button to send a text message, the contacts gave me a list of programs I could use, and I chose one, then also chose the box to not present the other choices again. A message at the bottom of that screen said that I could always change that option later by looking in settings. I have gone through all the settings and now I can't find that option, so I'm stuck with that one choice that I made. Can anybody point me to the place in the settings where I can either clear the default option for "messaging" to go to the phone number specifically vs. having a choice of other programs: Skype, Yahoo, ICQ, etc...?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones