• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[How to] Change your Boot Logo, Bootanimation and Shutdown animation. Usefull [How-to's/Mod's]

I tried that and I just now tried using Media Converter from the play store. I just shortened an mp3 and converted it to .ogg, placed it in UI folder and changed permissions to rx-r-r or however its written. Still didn't work. Idk whats going on. And yes I capitalized both P and O. Maybe its because the baked black bean ROM didn't come with a PhoneOn.ogg file to begin with?

Upvote 0
I tried several times to change boot sound using apps I got from the market to
1) cut a clip of an mp3 to use
2) convert to .ogg
3) install into system/media/audio/ui

It failed several times.

SO, When I got home. I took the sound clip and used an online file converter to change from .mp3 to .ogg and then I ....
1) renamed my boot sound to PowerOn.ogg to PowerOn.ogg.bak
2) pasted the file I converted on my PC into the appropriate folder (named it PowerOn.ogg)

Works like a champ, I now have a functional custom boot sound.

Now I am truing to get the actual animation to work properly.
From what I understand the only way to make this work on our phones (D-710BST) is to
1) find the .zip for the animation we want to use
2) get the Samsung Theme Designer
3) take the .jpg/.png files and build the .qmg file using their tool and then install the .qmg into system/media

Upvote 0
Now I am truing to get the actual animation to work properly.
From what I understand the only way to make this work on our phones (D-710BST) is to
1) find the .zip for the animation we want to use
2) get the Samsung Theme Designer
3) take the .jpg/.png files and build the .qmg file using their tool and then install the .qmg into system/media

That isn't the way. If you clicked the "how to link in post 2 of this guide it would take you here.

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...mation-zip-stock-samsung-rom.html#post5845077

This will allow the ROM to support standard bootanimation.zip

Reactions: Kasey Clark
Upvote 0
This is the process I took the first time:

1. Make a backup just in case.
2. Flash bootanimation4u.zip from recovery (I use TWRP).
3. Reboot and install Boot Animations Root from the Play Store.
4. Go into the app's preferences and change install location to /system/media/ and leave the default filename (bootanimation.zip) and go back to the main screen.
5. Select any bootanimation from the Server tab and hit Install. (Tablet ones at the bottom of the list look best.)
6. Select the installed bootanimation again and hit Resize. Set it to 720x1280 30FPS.
7. Tap the options key and select "Preview current" Make sure you like it and reboot.

I use the Tablet - Shatter one, it looks like the one from the Jedi Roms, but higher quality.

If you Preview a few different ones and then decide to use one you downloaded earlier, delete it first then install and resize it again, or the preview will just be a black screen and might not work at all.

I believe you can preview before installing the animation if you buy the Pro version.

Check out a video tutorial here: Boot Animations

PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT HAVE THE PRO VERSION.
I have flashed through AGAT recovery and it said it has installed properly.....enjoy!

I then rebooted - nothing just a black screen w/ my custom boot sound.
Once I had booted I looked in /etc and sure enough there was a bootanimation.zip
Once I removed that, sure enough I had an animation.....NOT the Boost animation that came with my phone but a much older looking one (possibly Samsungs stock) It just says ANDROID with shiny letters.

Upvote 0
I know, that's where I put the one I was trying to use. I honestly have no idea how that one got there. I read somewhere ( idk off the top of my head and I am in transit atm ) that IF there was a ba.zip in there to get rid of it. So I did.... that's how I got the one like the Prevail has working again (also I did not put that one on either, idk why it's there or how that came to be ). I have the app pointed to system/media.

UPDATE!

Got it to work! Finally success!

I used the Samsung Theme Designer and then extracted the qmg file, renamed it and put it in system/media. Works like a champ. So now I have a fully customized boot animation, and Power On sound to go with it.

I love you Samsung

I will post a full report of the steps I took later on today as I can get all the links and a decent little step-by-step

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones