• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to clean the charging port on Photon

Im using a wall not sure if its the one that came with my phone, kids switch chargers around all the time. But when Im truck driving I use a car charger. I tried 2 different ones. At one point it looked like it was charging but when I removed it, Nothing. I came home n tried to use my wall and still nothing. My husband put it on his n if u holder it just right it would charge.
I was also reading, someone said something about juice defender affecting it. Have u heard anything about that. I did remove mine and got it too charge once.

Upvote 0
Im using a wall not sure if its the one that came with my phone, kids switch chargers around all the time. But when Im truck driving I use a car charger. I tried 2 different ones. At one point it looked like it was charging but when I removed it, Nothing. I came home n tried to use my wall and still nothing. My husband put it on his n if u holder it just right it would charge.
I was also reading, someone said something about juice defender affecting it. Have u heard anything about that. I did remove mine and got it too charge once.

I'd try blasting the charging port on your phone w/some compressed
(canned) air,specifically designed for this type of use.

If that doesn't do the trick & the OEM charger still will not charge your phone,I'd take it back to the point-of-purchase for warranty servicing/replacement.

In addition,it's best to use the OEM A/C charger whenever possible,it was designed/paired specifically for your phone & similar models that are available w/other service providers.

Also,I'd drop JUICE DEFENDER like a bad habit,for too many reasons to state here.The subject of JUICE DEFENDER (PRO or CON) has been discussed in many,many other threads throughout this site,if you'd like to read up on the discussion.

BTW,one more thing..............

WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS!:cheers:

:party:

Upvote 0
For cleaning stuff like that use a lint-less cotton swab and isopropyl alcohol. Although it sounds like there may be a problem with the connection itself not a dirty port. The Photon uses a standard mini-usb port, and should be able to use any charger; car, wall, or a simple usb cable from your computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones