• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to connect apps to Google Play?

PortNerd

Nov 13, 2012
I have some identical tablets that I'm trying to get set up for the kids for Christmas.

I did this following:

On tablet #1, I downloaded all of the apps that I wanted, then used Titanium Backup to make backups of all of those apps.

On tablet #2, I used Titanium Backup to "restore" all of those apps.

But if I go to Google Play logged in with the account for tablet #2, it doesn't show me as having any of those apps installed.

I would like for it to show which ones are installed.

Is there a way to do this, or since I didn't download them through google play, is it impossible?

I have some identical tablets that I'm trying to get set up for the kids for Christmas.

I did this following:

On tablet #1, I downloaded all of the apps that I wanted, then used Titanium Backup to make backups of all of those apps.

On tablet #2, I used Titanium Backup to "restore" all of those apps.

But if I go to Google Play logged in with the account for tablet #2, it doesn't show me as having any of those apps installed.

I would like for it to show which ones are installed.

Is there a way to do this, or since I didn't download them through google play, is it impossible?

First off you could just log into the same account on both devices and this would sync the apps on both. Allowing you to simultaneously install them.

Otherwise you cant restore apps on a google account that has no recognition of ever installing those apps in the first place.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones