• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to factory reset a Yashica

Hi everyone,

I have been given a Yashica PTA-0701WE tablet with a problem. When it starts there is an error message:

"The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

When you click on "Force Close" the error simply repeats over and over again. So I want to do a factory reset, and this is where my problems start. There are no volume buttons on this tablet to use when trying to boot into recovery mode. There is a large, round button on the front (which I assume is some sort of Home button), and along the top edge there is a reset button, the power on/off button, a button marked "M" and a button marked "ESC".
So I have installed ADB and with this I can get the tablet to boot into recovery mode, which is where I hit more problems. On the recovery menu I can see "Factory Reset", but I can't select it. None of the buttons move the selection bar or work as an enter key, so I can't do anything other than power the tablet off.

Anyone have any ideas what I can try next?

Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited:
Try this:
1. Make sure tablet is off.
2. Press and hold the "Volume Down" key and `Power` key
3. When "Klu by Curtis" splash screen shows release the power key
4. A laying down android with cover open and a red triangle with an exclamation point will appear.
5. Rock the `Volume Down` and `Volume Up` and press the `Power` keys to dislplay the BIOS screen.
6. Use the `Volume Up/Down` keys to navigate choices (wipe data/factory reset) and the `Power` key to select the choice.
7. The following screen will ask you to confirm your choice and warn you that this cannot be undone. Repeate step 6 to select your choice.
8. When wiping all data is complete, select `reboot system now` to restart tablet. Done!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones